This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to diligently follow all these rules to sustain a healthy and safe cruising environment aboard Top Shelf. We all must respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat our cruise passengers’ private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus policy applies to all of our crew and passengers while aboard Top Shelf. We strongly recommend that all of our cruise passengers read through this action plan to ensure we collectively and uniformly minimize the risk of spreading coronavirus.
Our cruise passengers are asked not to board the vessel if you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly in the last 24 hours
Before boarding Top Shelf cruise passengers will:
- Have their temperature taken by our crew using a non-intrusive forehead temperature reading device.
- Use an alcohol-based hand cleaner provided by the crew prior to boarding.
- Also, we ask that our cruise passengers wash their hands periodically while onboard the vessel.
All crew will report any cold or flu-like symptoms immediately to the Captain.
The crew will have their temperature taken each morning before the commencement of work activities. The Captain will keep readings in a daily log for trend monitoring purposes.
The crew will wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds multiple times per day. Also, the crew must wash their hands:
- After boarding the vessel, if the crew has left the dock.
- At any time before interacting with our cruise passengers.
- Before beginning any cleaning or maintenance activities
If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, you will
- Immediately schedule a COVID-19 test.
- Quarantined at a local hotel until the Captain/Manager receives the test results.
- You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any crew members or cruise passengers during this time.
If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can return to the vessel only after you’ve fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
Vessel Cleaning Procedures
The crew will clean the vessel after use by our cruise passengers. This cleaning will include all surfaces, chairs, and floors that were used during the cruise as well as all linens, towels and watersports toys that were used during the cruise. Cleaning will be performed with the appropriate cleaning products that are proven to kill the Coronavirus Bacteria. Areas to be clean include, but are not limited to:
- Galley area including all surfaces and cooking equipment. This equipment should be cleaned in the dishwasher when possible.
- Dining areas including the salon, enclosed flybridge, aft-deck and aft-flybridge.
- All bathrooms that were used during the cruise.
- All common area surfaces both exterior and interior of the vessel.
- All sea toys and tenders used during the cruise
- Spray all carpets with Lysol Disinfectant cleaner, then vacuum.
General Hygiene Rules
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20-second hand-washing rule.) You can also use the sanitizers you’ll find around the vessel.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth, with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- If you find yourself coughing/sneezing regularly, avoid close physical contact with the remaining crew and take extra precautionary measures.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this COVID-19 Policy, please contact us as follows:
Manager – Top Shelf Marine, LLC
400 Hingham St
Rockland MA, 02370